Monday, December 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls - 2nd Day of Christmas Baking

On the 2nd day of Christmas my wifey baked for me....
Would you believe me if I said this is my husband telling me, "Woman! Make me some peanut butter balls!"
Well...it may be true and it may not..
It also may be true that he was dancing around the kitchen before this picture because I was making said PB balls. I tried to photograph this dancing, and I got the pointing finger again. "I do not dance!"
Peanut butter balls make people do crazy things!
Apparently they make me to odd things too...I'm baned from making them anymore.
Toss the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and a tad vanilla in the mixer. Churn it up. Test the taste, make sure it's to your liking.
Make sure you have taste testers, it needs to be tested a lot. :)
I guess I've passed my good habits onto my youngest kiddo.
Once you have rolled the dough into balls, place them on parchment paper and allow them to the freeze. Once frozen, dip them in melted semi sweet chocolate chips. I've used several different chocolates to dip, but I still like the flavor the chips best. I add a little shortening to soften and shine up the chocolate.
Then allow them to set up on parchment paper, put them in the fridge if you'd like.
Once set up, put them in a container with paper between each layer and store them in the fridge or another cool place.

Peanut Butter Balls
2 c. Peanut Butter
3/4 c. Butter, room temp
1 lb Powered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
Chocolate Chips (1-2 T shortening also) for dipping
Mix together. Chill. Roll into balls. Freeze. Dip in chocolate chips. Chill. Eat!

No comments: