Sometimes on Sunday mornings my family indulges me and by waiting longer for their breakfast, so I can make something new and fun. I enjoy this. If it turns out yummy, so do they. Today I tried a recipe from my Pioneer Woman cookbook, Sour Cream Pancakes. I liked them!! I may make them again! And next time I'll double the recipe because it is small.
Sour Cream Pancakes
1 c. Sour Cream
7 T. Flour (I like wheat!)
1 T. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Stir these by hand, and DON'T over stir. Mix the sour cream, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together until BARELY mixed. Then added the beated eggs and vanilla. Like I said, don't over mix, it's ok to see flour and lumpys and yellow from the eggs.
Use a little butter in the bottom of your fying pan and cook these puppies up! Don't flatten em and push on em, just let em cook and they will look prettier!
They are of course better with some Buttermilk Syrup on top. Well, everything is.
No comments:
Post a Comment