This week I tried a new recipe that I've been wanting to try for a long time. It turned out spicy, rich and delicious. I will definitely make it again!
This recipe comes from a Cuisine at Home cookbook. My sister in law gave me a few of these books a couple years ago and I have become very fond of them and ordered quite a few more. Sometimes at Costco they will have that month's issue, but you can always order them online. And I suggest you do.
Cajun Chicken Stroganoff
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook:
1/2 lb. dry wide egg Noodles
Saute in 2 T. Olive Oil:
1/2 lb. Kielbasa, sliced
1/2 lb. Button Mushrooms, sliced
Combine; Saute in 2 T. Olive Oil:
1 1/2 lb. Chicken
1/2 tsp. EACH Cayenne, Paprika, Black Pepper,
Kosher Salt, Thyme, and Oregano
2 T. Flour
1 T. Tomato Paste
2 tsp. Garlic, minced
Deglaze with:
1/2 c. Dry Sherry
3/4 c. Chicken Broth
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
Off Heat, Stir in; Garnish with:
1/2 c. Sour Cream
Sliced Scallions
Cook your noodles and set aside. Saute kielbasa and mushrooms in 2 T. oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside. Combine chicken with seasonings, then dust with flour. Saute chicken in same saute pan in oil, over medium-high heat until nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Push chicken to one side of pan. Add tomato paste and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Deglaze with sherry, simmer until nearly ecaporated, then add broth, Worcestershire, and reserved kielbasa-mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in sour cream. Serve stroganoff over prepared egg noodles and garnish with scallions.
**This dish was a little spicy. If you want to tone it down a bit, leave a little cayenne and paprika out, or you can always add a little more sour cream to soften the kick! I thought it was perfect though!



No comments:
Post a Comment