I grill salmon quite a lot.
Especially when my husband and I are on a health kick (which probably isn't often enough.:) I made some this week and of course, right when it was time to grill, it started to pour outside! I was soaked. But the salmon survived!
I've tried quite a few salmon marinades that are similar to this, but this one is my favorite. I prefer it grilled, because I think it is a little less fishy and it caramelizes all the marinade to make some outstanding flavor! But you can of course bake it at 400 for 20 minutes. This is also a great recipe to try if you're not a big salmon lover. If the flavor is too strong for you etc.. this marinade tones it down.
Earlier in the day, gather your ingredients:
If you have one, gather a silly helper. Preferably one who runs around naked and will most likely spill something during the process. I have two to choose from. :)
Combine all your ingredients in a bowl, and pour over the salmon in flat dish. This recipe will make enought for 8 salmon fillets, I only needed 6. Cover it and refrigerate until you're ready to grill. (I was out of green onions, so I used regular yellow onions.)
If you're grilling fish straight on your grill, remember to keep your grill fairly low when cooking fish, or you'll blacken the heck out of it real quick! You can also wrap the salmon fillets tightly in aluminum foil. Spray the inside of the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray before adding the salmon. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the salmon for 15 minutes per inch of thickness on a medium hot grill, or until salmon just flakes with a fork. Turn salmon over halfway through grilling.
As you can tell with mine, I just slapped them right on there and let em cook! It was pouring on my head! I didn't have time for all the bells and whistles!
up to 8 Salmon Fillets
Salmon Marinade Ingredients
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
5 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste (if you don't like it spicy, or to start out, only use 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Whisk together well, and pour over the salmon in the plastic bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal tightly. Marinate the salmon fillets in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight




5 comments:
Your little one is a cutie. Naked is good - it makes clean-up easy :-). I love this recipe. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary
I love salmon. I've never cooked it myself though, isn't that crazy? It intimidates me. I saved this recipe though!
That salmon looks amazingly delicious. I can't wait to try this recipe! My husband will love me forever when I try a new salmon recipe.
To eliminate almost all of the fishy taste of salmon, skin it and trim off the grey vein (for want of the proper term) that lies next to the skin. You'll be amazed at the difference this makes in the taste of the salmon.
Don
We've currently used this recipe three times in two weeks, so good! Lives up to "Best Salmon Marinade" label on Pinterest
Post a Comment