These are one of my very favorite things. I love giving them to my salon clients because they love them and leave with a smile on their face!
We've been over the Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Apples before. So check there for information about the caramel and chocolate. These are pretty much the same thing...with a couple changes.
With the pretzels I don't like my caramel QUITE AS THIN as with the apples. This is of course preference. You can use whatever microwave safe bowl you want to melt your caramel, but I use a mason jar. It is easier to dip the pretzels for me. But there is the fact that I often waste the caramel left at the bottom. (But it seems quite inevitable that I waste caramel, so it's a toss up!) I shove a bunch of cubed caramel in a jar and microwave until ready.
Now dip your pretzel rod.
As far as you can without torching your fingers.
Now pull in out and let it drip for a few seconds, then swipe one side of the caramel off. This is the side you will lay on the parchment paper. By sliding some of the caramel off you avoid too much pooling of caramel. Some is yummy, too much is a waste and a mess.
Once you have dipped all the rods in caramel and they have set up, (5 minutes), you can dip them in the chocolate using the same method.
Or you can be fast and messy and just splatter the chocolate all over in different colors. Whatever you have time for!
They look beautiful!
Of course decorating them with mini chips, nuts, and crushed candy bars is great too!
Then stick them in a basket and give them to someone you will appreciate them!









2 comments:
Liza, when I tried making these a couple weeks ago we tried rotating the pretzel as we took it out of the caramel. It worked really well to get rid of some of the caramel pooling....
Hey Liza, I've been talking about making these for a long time, and I finally did it today. Yum! I learned a few things this first time that will help in the future, but I'm surprised by how well things went without any previous dipping experience. Oh, and I used some of the leftover dipping chocolate (left in the bottom and on the sides of the jar) by dipping marshmallows in the mixture. Tasty. I may try putting the chocolate covered marshmallows in hot chocolate and seeing what that does (if I don't eat them all first). Anyway, thanks for this fabulous recipe! Oh, and two questions. Would you mind if I borrowed a couple of your pictures for use on my blog (with credit, of course)? Also, any hints on cleaning the chocolate out of the glass jar? That seemed like a mess and I ended up throwing the jar away rather than try and clean it out.
Post a Comment