Here was our breakfast. My husband actually got up and cooked this in the morning because I was still sleeping after being up with the toddler. Gotta love camping with kiddos! This was my first dutch oven made breakfast and it turned out yummy! We had bagels along side it and hot chocolate, of course!
One of the great parts, is that I did all the prep at home. Cut up veggies in one bag, shredded cheese in another, some sausage, and then the eggs with a tad bit of milk. Then it's super easy to just throw it in the dutch oven! Throw the bags away and you are good to go! Fast and efficient! Which I love.
I really couldn't get a good picture of this for some reason. But the cheese was all awesome in its baked yumminess!
I based this off a recipe from Byron's Dutch Oven. He's got some fun ideas!
Mountain Man Omelet
9 Whole Eggs
half a Red Pepper, diced small
half a Green Pepper, diced small
1 clove Garlic, minced
half an Onion, diced small
1 c. Medium Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 c. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
3 Sausage links
1 T or so Milk
Cut up veggies and store them in one bag, shredded cheese in another, sausage links in another, then beat the eggs with a tad bit of milk. When ready to cook, heat a 10' dutch oven with 12-14 coals on bottom and start by cooking the sausage in small pieces first, then cook the veggies for a couple minutes. Then pour egg mixture over the veggies, and sprinkle cheese on top. Cook with 12-14 coals on the bottom and 8 or so on top for 10-13 minutes, or until eggs are set up.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
great camping recipes! Love the pictures of your family too :) those foil packets really are a great idea, even if they're made ahead. I think i might try that when we go camping in a few weeks!
Post a Comment