Dinner Ideas? I'm constantly trying to come up with a dinner idea off the top of my head! I love making something new and fun, but-- I work and have a busy family life, so just like most of you, I often need something fast and easy too.
I think I rediscover the classic BLT sandwich every summer. We go through a phase of having quite a few when my tomatos are at peak season! (It has to be with fresh tomatos from my garden, I'm a snob like that.) So I thought I would blog it in my recipe book so I'll stop forgetting about it!
BLT Sandwich
2 pieces Whole Wheat Bread
6 thick slices Bacon
1 large Tomato sliced thick
1 small stack crunchy lettuce
Mircale Whip and Mustard
Salt and Pepper
You don't really need instructions do you? Stack it up. Gobble it down! Give the rest of the bacon to your dog, he'll love you forever!!
.jpg)
3 comments:
I know this is crazy, but you should try making BLTs with brown sugar bacon. See the recipe on my blog: http://kipsrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/05/brown-sugar-glazed-bacon.html. The sweetness of brown sugar bacon won't be for everyone, but I like it. Try it sometime, if you think about it.
Kip, that doesn't sound crazy at all! It sounds delish! I will totally try it next time!
All right, Elisa. I ate my first BLT and I loved it! We got fresh tomatoes from the Dastrups, and I made some great bread. They were delicious!(minus dressing of course :)) It's been a successful part of my learn-to-like-fresh-tomatoes effort this summer.
Post a Comment