Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Malad Summer Slushy

I'm really cracking up at my attempt to photograph this yummy summer drink. We normally serve it in paper cups or mugs, which really doesn't show it off. So I tired my only clear mugs, which then made it look like beer. lol. So use your imagination.

I call this the Malad Slushy because my sister in law's family traditionally has it during summer holidays in Malad, ID. I've been to Malad and there's not much there. But there are some great people and some great recipes! And I stealed this one from her! Well, actually, she gave it to me. And now we have it on summer holidays in Utah too! And it is soooo yummy! You do however, have to make this ahead. It takes awhile to freeze.
Take the frozen slush out of the freezer a good 30 min before serving so it's not rock solid and impossible to spoon out. Then put a generous amount in each cup.
Top the cup off with Sprite. Or Sprite Zero in this case. As though I could take any sugar out of the this.... right.
See I told you, looks like BEER!! But it's not!
Here we go, yummy Malad Slushy. Like I said, good things have come from Malad.
Malad Summer Slushy
6 c. Water
3 c. Sugar
1 Quart Pineapple Juice
6 oz. Frozen Orange Juice
6 oz. Lime or Lemon Juice (I like Lime best)
Sprite, 7UP, or Lemon Lime Soda

Bring the water and sugar to a boil until all the sugar is dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool a bit. In a large bowl, add all your juices, then add the water and sugar mixture. Store in a covered bowl or Tupperware overnight to freeze. Serve with Sprite and enjoy!

4 comments:

Mary said...

You have amazingly good things on this blog!! How do you have the time? I'm definately going to try numerous recipes here. Wonderful photography.

Angiegirl said...

Yum. Time to make some more...

Elisa said...

Thanks Mary, you're so sweet. I really don't have time... But I have to feed my family, so it's fun to record it! I add things as I have time and it pushes me to add new recipes and enjoy it more! Plus, it helps my photography!

Joshua said...

I have had this so many times growing up. Malad Forever.