These little taquitos are yum yum. Especially if made with freshly baked tortillas from Costco. I LOVE those tortillas! Plus, stuffing them with cream cheese, cheese, chicken and spices makes them even better! This recipe is from Our Best Bites when they were in LDS Living Magazine. I of course adjusted it a bit to what I had in my kitchen, cause I'm lazy and didn't want to go to the store.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
1/3 c. cream cheese
1/4 c. green salsa
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/2 t. cumin
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic salt
1 T. dried cilantro
2 T. chopped green onions
2 cups shredded canned chicken ( I used Tyson)
1 heaping cup grated pepper jack cheese
flour tortillas (around 16) Freshly cooked Costco tortillas are the best!
2 T. vegetable oil
kosher salt
Heat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Heat cream cheese in the microwave 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine and then add cilantro, green onions, chicken, and cheese.
Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the lower third of each tortilla, keeping it about half inch from the edges, and then roll it up.
Place seam-side down on the baking sheet in a single layer. Brush the tops and sides with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt on top. Place pan in the oven and bake 15-20 or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes and then serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or pico.

4 comments:
these look amazing. they're going on the menu plan. :o) thanks for sharing!!
Oh heavens...these look and sound mouth watering.
I've never seen fresh baked tortillas at Costco. Where are they?
They are in the fridge section normally by the cheese. You buy them raw and cook them in a hot frying pan with no oil or anything. They are my fav!!!! You can freeze one package and use the other.
Post a Comment