I really like SOUP! I love making enough to eat it throughout the week, and I love that my girls love almost any soup! The hard thing about sharing a soup recipe for me is, I probably never make it exactly the same. I don't really measure when making soup. I just say, yeah, that looks good and keep adding stuff til I like it! So, if that goes against your rules, I guess we can't be soup buddies! But I will try my best to stick to a recipe so it makes sense! This is one of my favorite soups lately and I've made it a few times now. I started it from PW's Cauliflower Soup.
A few things I changed on this recipe:
1. I don't dice everything really fine. I like things diced normal size, so they are big enough to taste and don't get mushy. I also like more vegetables, not mostly broth. So I do more veggies! That is what's great about cooking! Make it the way you like it!
2. I also do very little flour, if I want gluteny soup, I'll eat at a low quality restaurant.
3. Add corn. For me, it needed it.
4. I used 1% Milk instead of Whole. I'm certain that somewhere in there it helps even out the cheese and sour cream I'm going to add later!
5.Add a little cheese at the end, cause what's cauliflower soup without cheese!? And please, freashly grated
1 stick Butter
around ½ an Onion, Diced
around 6 whole Carrot Diced
around 3 stalk Celery, Diced
1 whole (to 2 Whole) Cauliflower Heads (roughly Chopped)
2 Tablespoons Fresh Or Dried Parsley (chopped)
2 quarts Low-sodium Chicken Broth Or Stock
1-1 1/2 c. Frozen Corn
3-4 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
2 cups 1 % Milk
1 cup Half-and-half
A big handful of FRESHLY grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup (heaping) Sour Cream, Room Temperature
In a large soup pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until it starts to turn brown. Add the carrots and celery and cook an additional couple of minutes. Add cauliflower and parsley and stir to combine. Cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in chicken broth and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Mix the flour with the milk and whisk to combine. Add flour-milk mixture slowly to the butter, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup half-and-half. Add mixture to the simmering soup. Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the cheese before serving. Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. Add two to three ladles of hot soup into the tureen and stir to combine with the sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.
Serve Immediately.



No comments:
Post a Comment