Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Suzy's Salad

This is just one of those great salads. It's not my favorite salad, but it's up there. We'll say it's in my top 5, or so. :) I got this from a girl in my Supperclub that I barely know. Her name was Suzy, so I call it Suzy's Salad! I'm putting the original recipe on here. I make it different everytime, cause, well, it's a salad, and I use what I have! Today I used just romaine lettuce, and sometimes I add mushrooms to it. But- ALWAYS, toast the almonds in sugar! Cause, YUM!

1 head Iceberg lettuce
1 head Red Romaine lettuce
6 Crisp Slices of Bacon
1 Cucumber sliced
½ c Fresh Parmesan Cheese
½ c Mozzarella cheese
½ box of croutons
½ c toasted almonds (I toast them with sugar!)

The Dressing is of course a big part of the salad:
¼ c pureed Red Onion (no more than that! If the onion is big, use an 1/8 or whomever you sleep by, will not like you!:)
1 c Sugar
1 c canola Oil
½ c Red Wine Vinegar
1 ½ tsp Salt
Pinch of Dry Mustard
---Blend all ingredients together! Makes a fantastic dressing!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This looks yummy. It looks like you sprinkled on raisings or dried cherries. Is that what I see?

Elisa said...

Oh yeah! I did put crasins on there! I forgot to put that on the recipe. I like crasins with that kind of dressing!